GROUND PENETRATING RADAR SURVEY (GPR SURVEY)
Subsurface investigations using Ground Penetrating Radar survey (GPR Survey) is a non-destructive technique to produce a cross section profile of subsurface without any drilling, trenching or ground disturbances. The profiles are used for detecting buried utilities, such as, pipes, cables, etc in totally non-destructive manner. Additionally, subject to requirements, we also use Cable & Pipe Locators, and for precise definition of locations, we use DGPS and Electronic Total Stations.
The system operates by detecting subsurface changes in EM properties (dielectric permittivity, conductivity, and magnetic permeability) which in a geological setting are functions of soil and rock material, water content, and bulk density. Data is acquired by transmitting high frequency electromagnetic (EM) signals into the ground which are reflected from various boundaries possessing EM property contrasts. The equipment receives the reflected waves over a selectable time range and displays them in real time on screen. The reflected wave data is also saved in appropriate memory for later processing and interpretation. GPR survey measurements are used in geologic, engineering, hydrologic, and environmental applications.
Gaveshana Geosciences is a leading GPR survey companies in india which provides the following services using GPR survey:
- GPR Survey for Location of buried utilities, such as, pipes (metallic and non-metallic), electric cables (including identification of live cables using Induction Locator), drums, tanks, sewers, and so on.
- GPR Survey for Mapping geological features,such as, depth to bedrock, depth to water table, depth and thickness of soil strata on land and under fresh water bodies, location of subsurface cavities and fractures in bedrock.
- GPR Survey for Mapping landfills and trench boundaries, and contaminants
- GPR Survey for Conducting investigations for archaeological and forensic applications.
- GPR Survey for Conducting studies such as, roads and railroad track-bed studies, and highway bridge scour studies.
- GPR Survey for Inspection of brick masonry, and concrete structures.
The Company follows ASTM International Standard Designation D6432-11 and ASCE Quality Designation 38-02 Guides in acquisition, processing and interpretation of GPR Survey data.